Ardosons is a medicine that contains 25 mg of indomethacin, 215 mg of methocarbamol and 0.75 mg of betamethasone per capsule.
The homeland of the drug is stated as Mexico, but it is not known how true this is.
There is no FDA approval as to whether the combination of the three active ingredients (indomethacin, methocarbamol and betamethasone) in the drug is safe.
Unless the safety of over-the-counter drugs from foreign countries has been reviewed by the FDA, extreme caution should be exercised in the use of such drugs.
If you’re going to buy any medication (prescription or non-prescription), it’s always a good idea to make sure you get it from FDA-approved pharmacies.
Studies have reported that there are three different oral drugs in Ardosons.
These ingredients are often used together in a single capsule to treat conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, or other types of pain.
Ardosons medicine comes in a pack of 20 capsules.
What Will We Learn?
What Is Indomethacin Used For?
Indomethacin is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) used to relieve moderate to mild acute pain, arthritis (rheumatoid and osteoarthritis arthritis), symptoms of gout such as inflammation, swelling, stiffness and joint pain.
Another thing you should know is that this drug does not cure arthritis, it only relieves discomfort.
This drug is also used to treat ankylosing spondylitis, a type of arthritis that affects the joints in the spine.
It can also be used to treat painful shoulder caused by bursitis or tendinitis in some cases.
What Is Betamethasone Used For?
Betamethasone is an ingredient used to treat swollen and irritated skin and itching.
It can provide relief on the patient, usually when used in the ailments listed below:
The drug called betamethasone is prescribed to the patient when other treatments do not work.
This component is a type of drug known as a steroid (also called a corticosteroid), but it is not the same as ananilic steroid.
In some cases, this ingredient is mixed with an antibiotic called fusidic acid and then used to treat bacterial skin infections.
What Is Methocarbamol Used For?
Methocarbamol is used to relax muscles and relieve pain and discomfort caused by sprains, strains, and other muscle injuries.
This medication belongs to a class of drugs called muscle relaxants.
It works by slowing down the activity in the body’s nervous system to allow the patient to relax.
Methocarbamol comes in tablet form and is usually taken four times a day at first, then it can be changed to three to six times a day.
How Are Ardosons Used?
There is no usual dose of this medicine.
Your doctor will determine the dose according to the severity of your disease.
Make sure you follow your doctor’s instructions exactly and do not take more or less than the dose recommended by your doctor.
Pregnancy And Breastfeeding
No scientific studies have been performed to determine whether this medicine is safe for pregnancy and breastfeeding.
But there are studies on the 3 components in the drug.
Heart problems can occur in unborn babies if Indomethacin is used after 32 weeks of pregnancy.
Therefore, Ardosons should not be used during pregnancy.
However, in some cases, your doctor may prescribe this medicine for you if the benefits outweigh the risks.
Betamethasone, another component of the drug, is also not recommended for use on pregnant women.
Testing on pregnant women has not been conducted with methocarbamol, the last ingredient of the drug.
Things To Pay Attention
- Tell your doctor if you have ever had an allergic reaction to any of the ingredients in betamethasone, indomethacin, and methocarbamol, or any other medicine.
- There is not much information about the combination of these 3 components, so if you are going to use this medicine, make sure to follow your doctor’s instructions.
- If you are going to use Ardosons, your doctor will tell you that you need to monitor your blood pressure.
- The use of this drug may increase your risk of having a heart attack or stroke, especially in heart patients.
- See your doctor if you have symptoms such as chest pain spreading to your arms, jaw, back or neck, difficulty breathing or speaking, headache, nausea, unusual sweating or fainting.
- Ardoson tablets may cause bleeding in the stomach and intestines. This risk is especially increased if you smoke or drink alcohol regularly, have had stomach ulcers in the past, are in poor health, are over 60 years old, or take other medications (for example, steroid drugs or blood thinners).
- If you develop pale stools or dark urine, liver problems, vomiting, nausea, loss of appetite, pain in your upper stomach, or yellow skin or any problems with your eyes after taking the medicine, check with your doctor right away.
- Serious skin reactions may occur when using Ardosons.
- Ardosons may harm the unborn baby if used during pregnancy.
- Ardosons can cause delayed ovulation in women and affect their ability to have children.
- Before having any surgery or medical test, tell your doctor that you are taking Ardosons.
- Give your doctor a list of all the medicines you take, as this medicine can interact with some medicines.
- Tell your doctor if you have perioral dermatitis, acne or a psoriasis disease called “plaque psoriasis”.
- If you are over 65 years old, get advice from your doctor before using this medicine.
- This medicine may make you sleepy, so do not drive while taking this medicine until you know how the medicine is working on you.
What Are The Side Effects Of Ardosons Tablets?
The following side effects may occur while using Ardosons tablets, but these side effects do not occur in everyone:
- Stomach discomfort, upset, or pain
- Formation of lighter or darker patches on the skin
- Redness and swelling of the skin
- Raised bumps filled with pus under the skin
- Feeling sleepy
- Change in urine color
Side effects not listed above may also occur during the use of Ardosons.
If you feel any side effects during or after the use of the drug, talk to your doctor without waiting.
You can read this article for detailed information about arthritis treatment.