Amorolak is used to treat fungal infections of toenails and fingernails, the active ingredient of which is amorolfine.
Fungus, one of the most common skin diseases, is among the infectious diseases.
The fungal disease, which can occur in many parts of the body, can spread to different places from the area where it originated over time.
Types of fungi that can cause skin itching, redness, flaking and inflammation can be transmitted to others by using the same items as infected people.
These fungal infections can be seen in the nails as well as all over the body.
Doctors may prescribe Amorolak nail polish in such cases.
The infection can cause your nails to thicken, discolor, and become painful.
Some nail infections may require taking a series of anti-fungal tablets, while others may require treatment by applying an anti-fungal polish directly to the nail.
Generally, if the fungus is at the ends of the finger and toe nails, this polish should be applied.
The ingredient in the drug, amorolfine, is only suitable for adults.
Amorolak can be easily purchased from pharmacies and other retailers.
Depending on the severity of your disease, you may need to use this medicine for up to six months for fingernails and up to one year for toenails.
What Will We Learn?
Things To Pay Attention
To make sure this is the right treatment for you, before you start using Amorolak nail polish it is important that your doctor or pharmacist knows:
- If the fungal infection covers more than half of your nail or if more than two nails are infected
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding because you should only use medicine on the advice of your doctor while you are expecting or feeding a baby.
- Especially if you have diabetes or any other disease
- Give the doctor a list of all the medicines (prescription or non-prescription), herbal supplements you use.
- If you have ever had an allergic reaction to any medication (including gels).
How To Apply Amorolak?
Be sure to carefully read the leaflet inside the pack before using Amorolak.
If you have any questions about the use of this polish, talk to your doctor.
First, remove the amorolak polish with the cleaning pad included in its package.
Then gently file the nail with a fungal infection with a nail file.
Be sure to apply this medicine to your entire nail with the applicator included in the package.
After applying the polish, wait 3-5 minutes for it to dry on your nail.
Apply Amorolak polish in this way once a week.
Depending on the severity of the disease, your doctor may also prescribe the use of this polish twice a week.
If your doctor has prescribed this medicine twice a week, carefully follow the dosage and instructions strictly follow what they say.
Try not to get this medicine on the skin around your nails, as it can cause irritation and redness.
Avoid contact with mouth, eyes or nose while applying this polish.
In order for your nail fungus to have a positive effect on the treatment result, take care to use the polish regularly.
If you don’t feel any improvement in your nail after using Amorolak regularly for three months, make an appointment to visit your doctor for further advice.
In order to cut the treatment short, you can file the thickened nails with the recommendation of the doctor.
To avoid infecting other people with fungal infections, use a separate nail file or scissors to trim the infected nail and do not share your nail file with anyone.
Try to avoid irritation or damage to the affected nails.
It may be a good idea to avoid using artificial nails or other nail polishes on treated nails.
If you are going to apply other products to your nails, wait at least ten minutes after applying Amorolak and be sure to remove the product before your next application of Amorolak.
What Are the Side Effects of Amorolak Polish?
In addition to their beneficial effects, some drugs can sometimes cause unwanted side effects, but these side effects do not appear in everyone.
This polish is generally safe to use, but not every person is the same.
The side effects listed below may occur during the use of Amorolak:
- Redness in the applied area
- Burning in or around the application area
- Brittle nails
You can find a complete list of side effects in the package leaflet.
It should be noted that the above-listed side effects are not a complete list.
In case of any side effects, talk to your doctor without waiting.
How Should This Medicine Be Stored?
Be sure to keep this polish out of the reach of children.
Store in a dry, cool and away from direct heat and sunlight.
This medicine has been prescribed for you, so never give this medicine for someone else to use.
Toenail Fungus Treatment At Home
Symptoms of toenail fungus often start as a small yellow, white, green, or black spot under the nail, eventually causing the nail to discolor, discolor, thicken, become brittle and crumble at the edges.
It can spread to other nails and result in nail loss if left untreated.
If seeing a specialist isn’t possible, you may want to consider trying one of these home remedies to treat the infection and prevent it from recurring.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – Organic, unfiltered apple cider vinegar is a natural anti-bacterial and anti-fungal. Mix equal amounts of water and apple cider vinegar. Soak the infected nail in this solution for 20 to 30 minutes a day. If done daily, the infection should go away in a few weeks.
- Tea Tree Oil or Oregeno Oil – Tea tree oil and thyme oil are both natural antiseptics. Mix both oils with a few drops of coconut oil. Do not apply with cotton, wait 10 minutes and brush the nail with a clean toothbrush. Apply daily and you should see improvement within a few weeks.
- Listerine and White Vinegar – Listerine is a mouthwash that acts as a powerful antiseptic against bacteria and fungi. Mix equal amounts of Listerine and white vinegar. Soak in this solution for 20 to 30 minutes a day. Apply for a few weeks.
- Lemon Juice – This acidic fruit is a natural antifungal. Apply fresh lemon juice once a day for several weeks. Wait 30 minutes and rinse.
- Garlic – Allicin and ajoene, two compounds in garlic, have powerful antifungal properties. Mix equal amounts of garlic oil with white vinegar. Apply the mixture and put on a bandage. Repeat every day for a few weeks.
- Coconut Oil – Medium-chain fatty acids found in coconut oil kill fungus. It is applied 2 to 3 times a day and for several weeks.
You may also notice our article on Bedoyecta Tri, a type of vitamin injection.