Unfortunately, there is not much information about clobenzorex, the active ingredient in Itravil capsules.
For this reason, you should definitely talk to your doctor before using this medicine.
Itravil 30 mg is a drug used for the treatment of patients who are overweight or obese and do not respond to diet and physical activity.
The homeland of the drug is Mexico, and its active ingredient is clobenzorex.
This drug norepinephrine inhibits appetite by activating alpha 4 and beta 1 receptors in the hypothalamic nuclei.
Do not use itravil capsules on your own unless recommended by your doctor.
It should be noted that this drug is prescribed by doctors for people who cannot lose weight despite dieting.
Such drugs can cause serious health problems if used when the doctor does not tell.
There are many diet activities you can do without starving your body to lose weight in a healthy way.
What Will We Learn?
Who Cannot Use Itravil Capsules?
This medicine may not be suitable for everyone.
If you have any of the conditions listed below, talk to your doctor before using this medicine:
- If you are allergic to clobenzorex, the active ingredient of the drug, or to any other drug
- If your age is less than 16 years
- If you have pulmonary hypertension or severe hypertension
- If you have a history of cardiovascular or cerebrovascular disease
- If you have psychiatric disorders including anorexia nervosa and depression
- History or predisposition to drug and alcohol use
- Advanced advanced atherosclerosis
- If you have a known hypersensitivity or special condition to sympathomimetic amines
- If you have prostatic hypertrophy or any obstructive disease of the urinary tract
- If you have a condition such as angle-closure glaucoma
This drug is an appetite suppressant.
That is, it affects the nervous system.
Therefore, it should not be used in combination with other centrally-acting anorexigenics or antidepressants or MAOIs.
Concomitant use with these drugs causes pulmonary hypertension, which can be fatal.
How To Use Itravil Capsules?
The use of itravil capsules is determined only by the doctor and the dose will vary depending on the severity of your disease.
The usual dose of itravil is as follows, unless the doctor says otherwise:
- Adults and children over 16 years of age: Take 1 tablet before breakfast. Take 1 capsule one hour before lunch. The daily recommended limit is 2 capsules. Be careful not to exceed 2 capsules.
- A doctor should be consulted before using this medicine in people younger than 16 years of age or in the elderly.
Strictly follow what your doctor says while using this medicine.
Do not take too much or too little of this medicine than your doctor tells you to.
The maximum duration of use of Irtavil capsules is 3 months.
You should stop this medicine after using it for 3 months.
Long-term use can cause addiction.
If your doctor notices that your body is losing weight faster than usual while you are using Irtavil capsules, he or she may lower the dose of the medicine.
Other Drugs And Itravil
Itravil has a component that acts on the nervous systems.
Therefore, if you are using any other medication, talk to your doctor before using this medication.
The drugs listed below can interact with irtavil and cause serious health problems:
- tricyclic antidepressants such as venlafaxine and citalopram
- serotonin reuptake inhibitors (as they increase the risk of serotonergic syndrome)
- phenylethylamine derivatives, appetite suppressants such as sibutramine, and tricyclic antidepressants (may potentiate their effects on blood pressure)
- sympathomimetic agents and anesthetics (may cause arrhythmias)
It should be noted that the drugs listed above are not a complete list of drugs that can interact with irtavil capsules.
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist for a complete list.
Pregnancy And Breastfeeding
Scientific studies on pregnant women have not been conducted with clobenzorex, the active ingredient of the drug Irtavil.
Therefore, irtavil should not be used during pregnancy and lactation unless told by the doctor.
It is not known whether Clobenzorex, the active ingredient in the drug, passes into breast milk.
What Are the Side Effects Of Itravil Capsules?
Like any drug, itravil capsules can cause side effects, but these side effects do not appear in everyone.
The following side effects may occur during or after the use of itravil capsules:
- Arterial hypertension and pulmonary arterial hypertension
- Severe headaches
- Painful urination
- Dry mouth
- Transient anxiety
It should be noted that the above-listed side effects are not a complete list.
If any of the side effects listed above occur, this should be discussed with the doctor.
If you are wondering what eye jelly is, you can also read this article.