Norex Pills is a drug used in the treatment of exogenous obesity with a Body Mass Index (BMI) >30 kg/m² or overweight individuals with a BMI >27 kg/m².
Manufactured in Mexico, this drug is not FDA-approved.
The active ingredient in this drug is amfepramone, a compound that helps suppress appetite.
What Will We Learn?
How To Use Norex Pills?
This drug is available by prescription and is not easy to find.
Take care to apply the dose recommended by your doctor while using this medicine.
The usual dose of Norex pills is 50 mg once a day.
If necessary, your doctor may prescribe a maximum of 25 mg divided doses three times a day.
This dose is usually 25 mg 30 minutes before each meal.
It is also recommended that the last dose be given before 19:00.
IFA Norex® is not recommended for children under the age of 18 or the elderly. Its use as an adjuvant in weight loss treatment is recommended for up to three months.
Norex Pills should not be used in the situations listed below:
- Patients with serious psychiatric problems or personality disorders, or patients with neurological disorders
- In patients with prostate hypertrophy, glaucoma or any obstructive disease in the urinary tract or gastrointestinal tract
- In patients with hyperthyroidism, advanced atherosclerosis or severe arterial hypertension, liver or kidney failure
- Should not be administered with or for 14 days after administration of monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs).
- It should not be used during pregnancy or lactation.
- It should not be used in patients with anorexia, chronic insomnia, psychotic personality, or people with suicidal or homicidal tendencies.
- In patients with heart disease, high blood pressure or diabetes, it should be used with the advice of a doctor after evaluating the risk/benefit.
- Long-term use may cause addiction with withdrawal syndrome when treatment is discontinued.
The recommended dose should not be exceeded, on the contrary, the drug should be interrupted when the patient stops losing weight.
It should be used with a high degree of caution in arterial hypertension and cardiovascular diseases, including arrhythmias.
Amfepramone (diethylpropion) may increase seizures in some epileptic patients.
Therefore, such patients may require careful monitoring, dose adjustment or drug discontinuation.
Compounds chemically related to amphetamines and other stimulant drugs have potential dependencies.
There are individuals who report that they are psychologically dependent on the drug’s active ingredient, amfepramone.
If you take this medicine in high doses, you are likely to experience hallucinations.
You may experience thought disturbances even if you do not exceed the recommended dose, but this is rare.
Such thought disorders are usually temporary and disappear after stopping the drug.
Norex tablets may reduce the abilities of patients who use their concentrations for hazardous activities such as operating machinery or driving.
It is important to warn the patient about these conditions.
Amfepramone, the ingredient in the drug, was added to the list of prohibited substances published by the World Anti-Doping Agency in January 2016.
Pregnancy And Breastfeeding
Although reproductive studies in rats and humans have shown no risk to the fetus, IFA Norex® should not be used during pregnancy unless the potential benefits outweigh the potential risks.
Given that amfepramone or its metabolites are excreted in breast milk, it is not recommended to be given to lactating mothers.
It should be noted that during pregnancy or breastfeeding, weight loss medication is generally not recommended by specialists.
Side Effects Of Norex pills
Like any drug, this drug can cause side effects, but these side effects do not appear in everyone.
The side effects listed below may occur during the use of Norex pills:
- ECG changes
- increase in blood pressure
- precordial pain
- Arrhythmias (including ventricular)
- Dyskinesia (movement disorder)
- blurred vision
- Euphoria (a state of mind in which a person feels content and well-being)
- Mydriasis (too much dilation of the pupils than normal)
- dry mouth
- Unpleasant taste and other non-specific functional digestive disorders
- Ecchymosis (bleeding under the skin as a result of damage to the capillaries)
- Erythema (reddening of the skin as a result of congestion (blood collection) in the capillaries)
- changes in libido
- menstrual disorders
- Bone marrow depression
- Agranulocytosis (a dangerous leukopenia that can develop suddenly and frequently in the body, decrease in the number of white blood cells)
- Shortness of breath
- Hair loss
- muscle pain
- Polyuria attacks
It should be noted that the side effects listed above are not a complete list. If you experience any side effects, stop using this medicine immediately and contact your doctor.
Other Drugs And Norex
Since hypertensive crises may occur, IFA Norex® should not be used together with monoamine oxidase inhibitors (1.M.A.O.).
At the same time, general anesthetics should not be used with this drug. Hypoglycemic drugs, including insulin, should be adjusted.
Concomitant administration with tricyclic antidepressants may cause cardiac arrhythmias, constipation and urinary retention.
Concomitant use with digitalis may cause cardiac arrhythmias.
Using this drug with ephedrine potentiates the sympathomimetic effects. Amfepramone reduces the antihypertensive effect of alpha-methyl-dopa and guanethidine.
The effectiveness and safety of Norex pills when used with other weight loss medications, including over-the-counter herbal products, has not been established.
The side effects of this drug may be potentiated when other sedatives or alcohol are used.
In case of overdose, the symptoms listed below may occur:
- Rapid breathing
- Panic state
- Fatigue and depression often accompany central stimulation
It should be noted that the above-listed symptoms are not a complete list. In case of overdose, contact a hospital without waiting.
Do not drive while under the influence of the drug. You can get help from family members or friends to take you.
This appetite suppressant drug looks like acxion pills. What distinguishes these two drugs from each other is the ingredient in them.
There are not many scientific studies on the ingredient in this medicine. Therefore, its use is not recommended. You can lose weight with diet programs that you can find on the internet.
If you are overweight and not responding to diet, you can get safer medications by talking to your doctor.
If you take medicines you hear from someone’s mouth on your own, you can experience serious health problems.