Cramer atomic balm is a pain-relieving cream with active ingredients oleoresin capsicum and methyl salicylate.
Methyl salicylate, one of the active ingredients in this cream, belongs to a group of drugs called salicylic acid derivatives. It has pain-relieving (analgesic) and anti-inflammatory (anti-inflammatory) properties.
This cream is often used in the situations listed below:
- Calcification (osteoarthritis)
- Joint inflammation (rheumatoid arthritis)
- Inflammation of the tissues around the joint (periarthritis)
- Painful swellings in the joint area (bursitis)
- Rheumatic diseases such as tendonitis and tendon sheath inflammation (tenosynovitis)
- Soft tissue trauma such as crush and sprain
- Musculoskeletal disorders manifested by pain, inflammation and muscle tension.
This cream is an external pain reliever and anti-inflammatory.
When applied to painful areas, it expands the vessels in these areas and reduces pain.
It provides relaxation of nerves and muscles.
Considerations When Using Atomic Balm Cream
Do not use this medicine in the following cases:
- If you are allergic (hypersensitive) to methyl salicylate or any of the excipients in the drug,
- If you have open wounds or irritated skin, do not use on these areas.
Use this cream with caution in the following cases:
- For external application only. Do not use with a hot water bag or bandage.
- In patients with Reye’s Syndrome, which is a rare but serious disease that can be seen in children and adolescents with viral flu or chickenpox symptoms,
- Be careful not to touch the eyes and other areas covered with a thin layer (mucous membrane), such as the inside of the mouth, and keep away from irritated skin.
- Discontinue treatment if significant skin irritation occurs.
- If the pain persists for more than 10 days or does not improve, consult a doctor immediately.
How To Use Atomic Balm Cream?
Atomic Balm Cream should be applied to the painful area 2-3 times a day. Avoid excessive use.
This cream is for external use. It is applied in a thin layer, enough to cover the painful area, and gently rubbed until completely absorbed.
For each application, thoroughly clean the previous application area.
It should not be used in children under 12 years of age unless recommended by the doctor.
There is no specific use case in kidney/liver failure.
If you have the impression that the effect of this cream is too strong or too weak, talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
Side Effects Of Atomic Balm Cream
Like all medicines, this cream may have side effects in people who are sensitive to its ingredients.
However, these do not occur in everyone.
The side effects listed below are very rare and if these side effects occur, the doctor should be contacted without waiting:
- Shortness of breath
- Application site reactions
- Symptoms of central nervous system depression such as slowed breathing (bradypnea) and coma
- Abdominal pain
You may also notice our article on Motrim 200 mg Tablets.