Women or men often ask themselves a number of questions about the opposite sex.
One of the most researched questions women ask about sexual activity is how often men masturbate.
It should be noted that there is no source that will give you a clear answer to this.
Because according to the data of 2021, there are approximately 3.97 billion men in the world.
And not all of these men masturbate on the same day, same month, at the same time.
Or they do not like to share the number of masturbations they have made with other people.
Masturbation is an indispensable activity in our life.
You should read our article until the end because at the end of the article we will also talk about lesser-known facts about sperm.
What Will We Learn?
How Often Do Men Masturbate?
Some men hardly ever masturbate, some masturbate once a week, some men masturbate once a month, some men masturbate frequently.
This depends on the man’s lifestyle and the number of hormones in his body.
Masturbation for men more than once a day is not considered within normal limits.
As mentioned above, it is impossible to predict the frequency of masturbation by men.
This is also true for women.
However, a guess can be made.
In 2009, the National Survey of Sexual Health and Behavior created a survey that asked how often men aged 25 to 29 masturbate.
According to this survey:
- 17% said they had not masturbated in the past year.
- 15% said they masturbate a few times a year or once a month.
- 25% said they masturbate several times a month or once a week.
- 23% said they masturbate 2 to 3 times a week.
- 20% of respondents said they masturbated more than 4 times a week.
Can these data tell us how often men masturbate?
No. Because only 25 to 29-year-old men participated in this study.
In men, it is a hormone called testosterone, which is secreted before sexual intercourse and ensures the growth and hardening of the penis.
This hormone reaches its highest level in a 20-year-old man.
After the age of 20, these hormone levels begin to decrease gradually.
This may mean that the frequency of masturbation is higher at the age of 20 and under.
As a result, it is not possible to predict the frequency of masturbation by men because not all men have the same lifestyle.
The big reason (in my opinion) for men masturbate is leisure time.
When men find nothing in their free time, thoughts about sex may come to mind.
Thinking about these thoughts even for a short time causes the secretion of testosterone hormones.
What Is Sperm?
The male reproductive cell is called the sperm.
The sperm are mixed with a liquid and thrown out of the body.
This fluid is called semen.
The white color of semen is due to the secretion of fluid rich in enzymes, citric acid, lipids and acid phosphatase from the prostate glands.
Sperm should not be confused with semen.
The sperm and the female egg unite to form the human embryo.
Millions of sperm compete to fertilize the egg, but only one of them succeeds.
When a sperm cell is examined under a microscope, it is observed that it consists of three main parts.
• Head section
• Neck part
• Queue section
Lesser known facts about sperm are listed below:
- Sperm cells are too small to be seen with the naked eye. A sperm cell is 0.002 inch, or about 0.00508 cm.
- Sperm have a head and a tail, but deformed sperms may have very small or very large heads, or they may have 2 tails and 2 heads.
- The word sperm means seed and derives from the Greek word.
- Sperm produced in the body are located on the testicles called “epididymis” in the testicles. It combines with the semen just before ejaculation.
- Sperm was used as invisible ink by military intelligence (MI6- Military Intelligence, Section 6) during World War I.
- The sex of the baby is determined by the X and Y chromosomes of the sperm. If a sperm with an X chromosome fertilizes the egg, it will be a girl, and if a sperm with a Y chromosome fertilizes the egg, it will be a boy.
- Sperm are also divided into two sexes, male and female. Female sperms are slower but stronger; male sperms are faster but weaker.
- A healthy man produces an average of 70-150 million sperm per day. In one ejaculation, about 3 times this number is lost.
- Sperm cells can live alive for an average of 48 hours after they enter the uterus, and fertilization can occur during this process. (There are also sources that say 72 hours).
- If the sperm is not expelled by ejaculation, it is broken and absorbed by the body.
- Sperm are said to have been discovered for the first time in 1677 by Anthony van Leeuwenhoek, a Dutch microscope maker. When Leeuwenhoek examined the samples he took from himself and saw something moving, he reported seeing microscopic animals, thus becoming aware of the presence of sperm.
- Sperm cells take the energy from their body and push them towards the tail in order to move. Thus, the tail activates the sperm.
- Each sperm needs 10 weeks to mature, but it takes 2-3 months for all to mature.
- Approximately 150-200 million sperm are released during a intercourse. Only one of these sperm cells can fertilize the egg (this is really amazing)
- Men with only one testicle can have children too. Because sperm production can occur from a single testicle. In such a case, the other testicle grows a little larger and takes over the task of the absent testicle.
- The testicles are 4 degrees lower than normal body temperature. This temperature must be maintained for sperm quality. The ideal temperature of the testicles should be around 34 degrees.
- Women are born with around 1-2 million eggs. Men, on the other hand, produce sperm until a certain period of their life.
- Apart from sperm cells, semen contains components such as vitamins, protein, zinc, sodium, which help the sperm to stay alive. Because of this feature, it is thought to be very beneficial for the skin. For this reason, we hear the news of people who put semen on their face. In fact, it is known that a Norwegian company uses sperm especially in facial products.
- The food that men eat changes the taste of sperm.
Can Sperm Expire?
No. In men, sperm production begins at puberty and lasts until the end of life.
Since there is not a certain number of eggs like in a woman, there is never a danger of extinction.
What Happens If Men Don’t Masturbate Or Have Sex?
We men’s bodies constantly produce sperm and these sperm are stored in the testicles.
In some cases, if we do not consciously evacuate some of the sperm, the newly produced sperm can tire the testis.
The body wants to make room in the storage and sends a message to our brain to empty itself.
When we receive the message in the brain, we inadvertently put thoughts about sexual intercourse into our minds.
If we do not ejaculate voluntarily, our penis becomes extremely sensitive and programs itself to ejaculate somehow.
Ejaculation usually happens through dreams while we sleep at night, or it causes us to ejaculate involuntarily with a provocative event while walking on the road.
In both cases, this is undesirable by us men.
No one wants to walk around soggy all day or wake up like that.
That’s why we make room in the warehouse by having conscious sex or masturbation some days, so we do not encounter unwanted situations.
But as mentioned above, not all men are the same.
Even if some men do not masturbate for months, a spontaneous ejaculation does not occur.
If you’re wondering why men have nipples, you can read our article.
Does Not Ejaculating For A Long Time Cause Pain In Men?
This issue is somewhat complex.
If a man does not masturbate, then there may be pain in the testicles, but this is seen in very few men.
If the man masturbates for a long time but finishes his job before ejaculating, severe pain in the testicles may begin at this time.
Even if you ejaculate after the pain occurs, it may take several hours for the pain to subside.
Therefore, ejaculation after sexual arousal is very important.
If you are looking for an answer to the question of whether you can have sex during menstruation, you can check out this article.